2015 Recruiting Thread | Page 39 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Couple of tidbits:

Jeremiah Dinson is visiting Kentucky this weekend. It is widely expected that he will commit there.

Christian Wilkins will be visiting Stanford next weekend.
he cut his list from 8 to 6. no uconn :/

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Frank Battle rated 3 stars / 76 by ESPN.

ESPN seems to love our class, giving 13 kids 3 stars (save the comments about stars having no meaning, I am well aware). When you poke around looking at other ESPN recruiting classes, we seem to be doing pretty well.

And without a doubt this will be our tallest class ever. Now we really need to find some bodies for the trenches, C/G/OT!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=41&action=login

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Frank Battle rated 3 stars / 76 by ESPN.

ESPN seems to love our class, giving 13 kids 3 stars (save the comments about stars having no meaning, I am well aware). When you poke around looking at other ESPN recruiting classes, we seem to be doing pretty well.

And without a doubt this will be our tallest class ever. Now we really need to find some bodies for the trenches, C/G/OT!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=41&action=login
ESPN ratings are generally higher than other paid services (Rivals for example). ESPN should be taken with a grain of salt. They have to cater to their subscribers, which means that ESPN has to cater to EVERYONE.

Reaction Score
I really think the big tight end from MD is slated for OT. It's the model they used at Cincinnati under Kelly recruit athletic, tall 255 pounders put 40 lbs on em and turn them into mobile tackles.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I really think the big tight end from MD is slated for OT. It's the model they used at Cincinnati under Kelly recruit athletic, tall 255 pounders put 40 lbs on em and turn them into mobile tackles.
I can see that, but if the kid was a pass catching TE in high school (was he?), would you go to a college knowing they want to convert you to a full time blocker? I suppose it depends.

Reaction Score
ESPN ratings are generally higher than other paid services (Rivals for example). ESPN should be taken with a grain of salt. They have to cater to their subscribers, which means that ESPN has to cater to EVERYONE.

Come on man. Ratings are so subjective. I don't have insider anymore but I always liked their anaylis of the player. It at least showed they based their rankings on a little more than the name of the school that said recruit committed to.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Come on man. Ratings are so subjective. I don't have insider anymore but I always liked their anaylis of the player. It at least showed they based their rankings on a little more than the name of the school that said recruit committed to.
Except for Newsome, Rivals had virtually our entire 2014 class rated at 2 stars. ESPN had more than just a handful with 3. I don't care one way or another. I like reading what people post here from hudl and 24/7.

If I had my druthers (and clearly I don't), I'd redshirt every freshman I could for development. It doesn't matter until the player hits the game field anyhow.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My unsupported opinion is that the accuracy of the rating services will trend to a slight improvement in the coming years because the quality and the amount of high school game film continues to grow. Today almost every kid has a 3 to 12 min highlight tape from every year of HS ball. That didn't exist just 4 years ago. Cheap easy high quality video will improve the analysis.

Reaction Score
I can see that, but if the kid was a pass catching TE in high school (was he?), would you go to a college knowing they want to convert you to a full time blocker? I suppose it depends.

So shhhhh! Don't tell him.

Reaction Score
Felton Blackwell was at the game, all 6'2" of him, how do I know this you ask?

He was walking into the bathroom as I was walking in.....almost killed me

Then I guess he missed his assignment!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
ATH Daiquan Kelly flips his commitment from Syracuse to Penn State. 9/14

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
ATH Daiquan Kelly flips his commitment from Syracuse to Penn State. 9/14

Think it has anything to do with the Bowl Game ban removed from Penn St punishment?

Reaction Score
Also Penn State can now offer the full allotment of scholarships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom