2015 Recruiting - MidSept Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting - MidSept Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson, Morgan Tuck, Saniya Chong, Natalie Butler, Courtney Eckmark, Kiah Nurse, Gabby Williams, Sadie Edwards, Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier and De'Janae Boykin. Connecticut needs more top players. Those are twelve spectacular to solid players. Where are these other top players going to fit in? I agree that when Bre and Mo leave they will need more top players. Having too many can mean transfers because top players don't want to sit on the bench.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson, Morgan Tuck, Saniya Chong, Natalie Butler, Courtney Eckmark, Kiah Nurse, Gabby Williams, Sadie Edwards, Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier and De'Janae Boykin. Connecticut needs more top players. Those are twelve spectacular to solid players. Where are these other top players going to fit in? I agree that when Bre and Mo leave they will need more top players. Having too many can mean transfers because top players don't want to sit on the bench.
Top players, yea I guess. But two have had serious knee injuries and six others have great potential, but unproven at this level and three aren't coming until next year. Lots of uncertainties in life.

Reaction Score
The recruiting ranking are fun, but they can't take into consideration each team's need. A school might have a great recruiting class on paper, but have too many competing for point guard with no bigs. Or have players that just don't mesh well.
There is Art as well as Science in recruiting - and of course in molding those recruits into a NC Team!

Reaction Score
The recruiting ranking are fun, but they can't take into consideration each team's need. A school might have a great recruiting class on paper, but have too many competing for point guard with no bigs. Or have players that just don't mesh well.
There is Art as well as Science in recruiting - and of course in molding those recruits into a NC Team!
That's why refining the methodology beyond what VG has done isn't going to improve the tool. There isn't reasonably available data to address all of these issues en masse. Once you have the the foundation work accomplished by VG, then you have to use your refinements to compare teams assembled.

Reaction Score
Another Destiny, Destiny Slocum (#4 HG, #5 PN) is down to four schools and one of them is Duke. Are we sure Krzyewski isn't doing the recruiting there?

Don't know what year she is, but it's not 2015.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't know what year she is, but it's not 2015.

Nope, she's '16. I really wasn't thinking of that when I posted. Just had to express my surprise that half the players seem to want to attend Duke. Guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

Reaction Score
Nope, she's '16. I really wasn't thinking of that when I posted. Just had to express my surprise that half the players seem to want to attend Duke. Guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore.

Yeah. Beautiful campus. Great location. Great education. What ever are they thinking?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Great pick up for the Tar Heels. She had a good FIBA tourney this summer

Reaction Score
Duke is a great academic school. I imagine that parents may "influence' their kid in this direction.

Reaction Score
Except Duke, none of those schools have won a national championship," Slocum said. "I want to be on a team that is the first to win it. I don't want to follow in anyone's footsteps."

Did I miss a year or something?

Another Destiny, Destiny Slocum (#4 HG, #5 PN) is down to four schools and one of them is Duke. Are we sure Krzyewski isn't doing the recruiting there?

Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/...locum-picks-final-fourmavs.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yeah. Beautiful campus. Great location. Great education. What ever are they thinking?

In addition... great BBQ... and great fans like myself to root them on :cool:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
See, she could be going to that great educational school just in time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was talking about the good aspects of the school.

sit down.gif

Reaction Score

TN several years ago recruited 4 players, 6'2" and NO point guard! Who they eventually got from a J.C.!

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Slocum has verballed to UW. I know this is a '15 thread but since people are talking about her here thought I might as well post.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Slocum has verballed to UW. I know this is a '15 thread but since people are talking about her here thought I might as well post.

Thanks, and pretty surprising to me. That's two big name recruits to go there in three years. Maybe they can start establishing something.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

That makes more sense than Duke.... Two top tier scoring PG's and 2 WG's coming in 2015... and a top 10 combo guard verbal for 2017... then again... you can never have too many guards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom