2015 QB Transfers | The Boneyard

2015 QB Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Guy I would like for us to pursue is Houston transfer John O'Korn. Has 3 years left to play 2 and was a pretty highly recruited guy coming out of high school. Played as a true freshman and led Houston to a near AAC title.

Kenny Hill announced today he is leaving TAMU but I think he will end up at TCU or possibly SMU with Chad Morris having taken over there now.

Reaction Score
O'Korn is transferring??? Hill is going to TCU reportedly. O'Korn went to ST. Thomas Aquinas in Florida no?

Reaction Score
O'Korn is transferring??? Hill is going to TCU reportedly. O'Korn went to ST. Thomas Aquinas in Florida no?

Yup, the same high school school as Kyle Schafenacker I believe.

Reaction Score
Yea, both OG's Crozier and Schafenacker most likely will be starters next season.
Schafenacker wasn't even on the 2 deep this season, how could you expect him to be a starter? Crozier will be, but Schafenacker, I don't think so.

Reaction Score
Schafenacker wasn't even on the 2 deep this season, how could you expect him to be a starter? Crozier will be, but Schafenacker, I don't think so.

Your entitled to your opinion

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Isn't there a rule that prohibits in-conference transfers?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Your entitled to your opinion
You are cranky this week...

I dont think we are getting a QB transfer at this point. Look for the kid with the Buffalo offer or Carter Stanley from Florida as a second QB recruit.

Testaverde transferring to Miami might help us land Stanley.

Reaction Score
You are cranky this week...

I dont think we are getting a QB transfer at this point. Look for the kid with the Buffalo offer or Carter Stanley from Florida as a second QB recruit.

Testaverde transferring to Miami might help us land Stanley.

BNich is looking for an argument and if you look at his recent posts to other boneyarders you can see that, but somehow I'm cranky, okay. I'm just trying to ignore him and keep it short.

I really don't care if Uconn is getting a QB transfer or not I was simply answering noeynox questions. I agree with you on Jackson and Stanley though I think we have a shot with at least one of them.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Isn't there a rule that prohibits in-conference transfers?
its not written in stone but schools will chose to only let you transfer out of conference

Bonehead

Reaction Score
BNich is looking for an argument and if you look at his recent posts to other boneyarders you can see that, but somehow I'm cranky, okay. I'm just trying to ignore him and keep it short.

I really don't care if Uconn is getting a QB transfer or not I was simply answering noeynox questions. I agree with you on Jackson and Stanley though I think we have a shot with at least one of them.
You are cranky - and you wouldnt cite the crazy analysis on how an OC would take a pay cut and job demotion - otherwise keep posting!

Reaction Score
You are cranky - and you wouldnt cite the crazy analysis on how an OC would take a pay cut and job demotion - otherwise keep posting!

It happens all the time, it may not be common to take a demotion within the same team but it has happened before I'm sure. Football has been around for over a hundred years and its funny how you guys think its impossible and say it never happens. If you want to do your own research because you believe differently then by all means go ahead. I don't need to prove anything so just keep it moving. And just so you know I never said he would take less pay I said he might be willing to take over the OL/TE job for the benefit of the team. Diaco has mentioned before that he and Cummings are close friends, so is Diaco and Cummings family. In my opinion, I don't believe it's impossible for Cummings to take on the OL/TE job if his friend asks him to do so. If you feel different then your entitled to that I just think its impossible like you guys.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
It happens all the time, it may not be common to take a demotion within the same team but it has happened before I'm sure. Football has been around for over a hundred years and its funny how you guys think its impossible and say it never happens. If you want to do your own research because you believe differently then by all means go ahead. I don't need to prove anything so just keep it moving. And just so you know I never said he would take less pay I said he might be willing to take over the OL/TE job for the benefit of the team. Diaco has mentioned before that he and Cummings are close friends, so is Diaco and Cummings family. In my opinion, I don't believe it's impossible for Cummings to take on the OL/TE job if his friend asks him to do so if you feel different then your entitled to that I just think its impossible like you guys.

Just give one example of an Offensive Coordinator who gave up that position to coach just OL or QBs and did or didnt take a pay cut...whats the issue with that? I did search, I couldnt find an example - just give you most recent example and then its done with...

#cranky

I am not saying impossible but highly highly highly unlikely unless you give the recent example, then I will say I was wrong and you were right, and cranky.

Reaction Score

I am not looking for an argument. I had an opinion on the opinion you shared. That's it. Just drop it.

Reaction Score
It happens all the time, it may not be common to take a demotion within the same team but it has happened before I'm sure. Football has been around for over a hundred years and its funny how you guys think its impossible and say it never happens. If you want to do your own research because you believe differently then by all means go ahead. I don't need to prove anything so just keep it moving. And just so you know I never said he would take less pay I said he might be willing to take over the OL/TE job for the benefit of the team. Diaco has mentioned before that he and Cummings are close friends, so is Diaco and Cummings family. In my opinion, I don't believe it's impossible for Cummings to take on the OL/TE job if his friend asks him to do so. If you feel different then your entitled to that I just think its impossible like you guys.
You keep saying it happens all the time, yet you haven't produced once of evidence justifying your "opinion". Why do I need to do the research when you clearly haven't either.

Reaction Score
Uncle... uncle... http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...george_mcdonald_demoted_qbs_coach_tim_le.html

>>Syracuse offensive coordinator/associate head coach George McDonald has been demoted to wide receivers coach and will no longer call plays, SU head coach Scott Shafer told syracuse.com in an email statement late Monday morning. Quarterbacks coach Tim Lester will become the new offensive coordinator and will call plays. Pete Roussel of 247Sports.com first reported the change in play callers late Sunday night. "I've had to make a tough decision that has been less difficult to make because of the unselfishness of our teammate and coach George McDonald," Shafer said. "Let me start by saying I've never worked with a harder working and more devoted individual than George McDonald. I truly appreciate his devotion to the team.<<

These "I know you are but what am I" pissing contests that carry over from one thread to another thread making them all but unreadable are getting real old... I wish the Mods had a time-out corner.

Now I'm cranky! :confused:

Reaction Score
Uncle... uncle... http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...george_mcdonald_demoted_qbs_coach_tim_le.html

>>Syracuse offensive coordinator/associate head coach George McDonald has been demoted to wide receivers coach and will no longer call plays, SU head coach Scott Shafer told syracuse.com in an email statement late Monday morning. Quarterbacks coach Tim Lester will become the new offensive coordinator and will call plays. Pete Roussel of first reported the change in play callers late Sunday night. "I've had to make a tough decision that has been less difficult to make because of the unselfishness of our teammate and coach George McDonald," Shafer said. "Let me start by saying I've never worked with a harder working and more devoted individual than George McDonald. I truly appreciate his devotion to the team.<<

These "I know you are but what am I" pissing contests that carry over from one thread to another thread making them all but unreadable are getting real old...

I wish the Mods had a time-out corner. Now I'm cranky!
That's all I was looking for. Thank you.

Reaction Score
Thank you medic... BNich and Bonehead you could of done your own research instead of trying to force me into give you examples because you don't agree. Randy Sanders is another one, he wasn't demoted, but he went from being the OC/QB coach from 1998 to 2005 with a Tennessee team who was consistently in the top 10 to QB coach at a less prestige school ( Kentucky ) from 2006 to 2008.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tex A&M releasing Trill Hill - he should come here, right? :confused:

Reaction Score
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Am told that John O'Korn is considering #Texas & #UF among his transfer options. He threw 34 TDs, 18 INTs in 2 yrs at #Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom