2015 - Last season tied to Edsall Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2015 - Last season tied to Edsall Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you're getting at.

What I'm saying is that we have talent in the building. Many of the names I put into my post were playing as underclassmen. Before the 2014 season started, I think I made the analysis that 50% of the 2-deep was PP's kids. That's an amazing stat when you think about it, since the 2010 and 2011 kids from Edsall's class should have been juniors, redshirt juniors, and seniors at the time. And keep in mind that it was not PP who had made that 2-deep listing, but Bob Diaco. In other words, Bobby D agreed with the talent assessment.

Now, am I saying that Edsall "gave up" like some others have suggested in different threads? No. I don't think that's true. But I do think that we had unmistakeable problems on the offensive line; due to a bunch of reasons that we have already covered in other threads. If that OLine turns around in 2015, I think that people are going to be really shocked with the level of team that we put out there. Mark my words...

FWIW: If you go back, when I wrote about Edsall "giving up" it was in reference to his attention to recruiting locally as it applies to maintaining good communications and selling UCONN as a desireable destination spot locally to high school programs. I'll spare everyone my analysis as to why I think his recruiting dropped off after hitting a high point in 2007.

Reaction Score
I have it on good account on this board that P improved recruiting. Hell, Edsall had to go to New Hampshire for god's sake. Recruited those kids Reyes and Griffin. Friggin New Hampshire................right to the NFL!

P inherited good talent and on the defensive side of the ball it was exceptional. All he needed to do was run the ball and get competent QB play. Instead he put a madman in charge of the O and the OL and blew the place up.

Reaction Score
Just FYI: In the 2011 recruiting class, there were 3 kids that were Pasqualoni recruits (Campenni, Ashiru, Hemingway).

Unlike some others here, I think that PP did a good job of recruiting. I think that we have already seen or are going to see some really great things from Newsome, Carrezola, Rutherford, Fatukasi, Bradley, Lemelle, Tommy Myers, Marriner, Ormsby, Thomas, Walsh, Clax, Levy, Melifonwu, Mikal Myers, Samra, Schafenacker, Stewart, and Jhavon Williams. And we all definitely saw some great things from Casey when he was playing.

Just because the man was a crap head coach doesn't mean that he didn't get talent here. So much so that Diaco called Obi "the most athletic safety he has ever seen." Now, we're going to see if Diaco can actually coach these kids up, but PP brought in talent that even the current coach has agreed with...

All good except that it flies in the face of reality. I won't mention any names but a few of the kids you listed flat out are not FBS level players. And using Obi as an example of P's recruiting prowess while referring to a preseason quote from Diaco, when we all saw Obi struggle last year, is sorta ridiculous.

I know it offends people's sensitivities to actually acknowledge this, but we just didn't have the horses last year. Frankly, I expected a rough year because of that. Our season sucked because our coaches AND players weren't up to the task.

Reaction Score
ok - I think we have talent too - but to me it doesnt match the talent of 4,5 and 6 years ago...agree to disagree I guess.

Player talent is useless if it's not put in position to succeed and flourish. I have seen lots of flashes of potential from lots of players in the past few seasons, but overall, we're talented enough with players that have been put in positions by coaches, to have produced a 2-10 season in 2014 against the schedule we faced.

We suck.

Players play and coaches coach.

Reaction Score
All good except that it flies in the face of reality. I won't mention any names but a few of the kids you listed flat out are not FBS level players. And using Obi as an example of P's recruiting prowess while referring to a preseason quote from Diaco, when we all saw Obi struggle last year, is sorta ridiculous.

I know it offends people's sensitivities to actually acknowledge this, but we just didn't have the horses last year. Frankly, I expected a rough year because of that. Our season sucked because our coaches AND players weren't up to the task.

Funny, because they were playing FBS football, and I don't see anything that was written in what you quoted about winning, just good things. There were a lot of bad things from the players listed too. Things that you shouldn't see from upperclassmen, experienced players, and things that you expect from freshmen, underclassmen players. Things that can't happen, like fumbling, and interceptions, no matter what your experience level is - but in that case - you have to have somebody in mind that is a clear improvement to replace the player, if you're going to essentially fire them. Roster depth.

They lacked fundamentals as a individuals and a team, they were mostly underclassmen, and they performed to a 2-10 record, and finished the season argueably as the worst team in FBS football, but it's still FBS football. I do agree that both coaches and players did not do well enough.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you're getting at.

What I'm saying is that we have talent in the building. Many of the names I put into my post were playing as underclassmen. Before the 2014 season started, I think I made the analysis that 50% of the 2-deep was PP's kids. That's an amazing stat when you think about it, since the 2010 and 2011 kids from Edsall's class should have been juniors, redshirt juniors, and seniors at the time. And keep in mind that it was not PP who had made that 2-deep listing, but Bob Diaco. In other words, Bobby D agreed with the talent assessment.

Now, am I saying that Edsall "gave up" like some others have suggested in different threads? No. I don't think that's true. But I do think that we had unmistakeable problems on the offensive line; due to a bunch of reasons that we have already covered in other threads. If that OLine turns around in 2015, I think that people are going to be really shocked with the level of team that we put out there. Mark my words...

It's true. RE never "gave-up" on recruiting. However, the fact that he was rumored to be a candidate for all but the most elite "openings," had to have been a problem. How did he respond when parents asked if he planned to be at UCONN for their son's four/five years?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

You've mentioned "reality" a couple of times in this thread. But you aren't willing to accept what is real. And what is real is the fact that throughout the year, Diaco had displaced most of the upperclassmen with younger players. Did he do it to set up a situation where he built for the future instead of the present? Maybe. But that's the reality. The end of the year had more PP players in the 2-deep than the beginning of the year. Period.

And if those players were not FBS-level players, as you have stated, then we couldn't have beaten UCF. We couldn't have taken ECU to the wire. We couldn't have held Jay Ajayi to a season low rushing total (50 yards less than he gained against Ole Miss with almost the same amount of carries). So just because you say something is "reality" doesn't make it so...

Reaction Score
It's true. RE never "gave-up" on recruiting. However, the fact that he was rumored to be a candidate for all but the most elite "openings," had to have been a problem. How did he respond when parents asked if he planned to be at UCONN for their son's four/five years?

I also wonder how he responded to those questions. Avoiding those questions entirely, or answering them truthfully, would certainly explain the decreasing quality and class sizes ending with the size of the 2011 class as of January 1, 2011 - when we were at the peak of our visibility and success to date in division 1.

Reaction Score
Checking out soon again for awhile. Signing day is week away. I'm excited.

The guys coming in, will not have a large group of seniors to look at for leadership on and off the field, that goes back to my original post and writing this. The guys we do have though, are pretty good, and hopefully into year 2 of Diaco's program they can flourish.

I expect and look forward to guys like Julian Campenni, Marquise Vann, Andrew Adams, Kenton Adeyemi, Sean McQuillan, Max DeLorenzo, Wilbert Lee - especially to be providing quality leadership on and off the field, and to be players when the lights are on.

Hopefully there will be an announcement sometime soon about the OC position, and it will make my feelings of deja vu go away.

Peace out fellow friends in UCONN.

Reaction Score
You've mentioned "reality" a couple of times in this thread. But you aren't willing to accept what is real. And what is real is the fact that throughout the year, Diaco had displaced most of the upperclassmen with younger players. Did he do it to set up a situation where he built for the future instead of the present? Maybe. But that's the reality. The end of the year had more PP players in the 2-deep than the beginning of the year. Period.

And if those players were not FBS-level players, as you have stated, then we couldn't have beaten UCF. We couldn't have taken ECU to the wire. We couldn't have held Jay Ajayi to a season low rushing total (50 yards less than he gained against Ole Miss with almost the same amount of carries). So just because you say something is "reality" doesn't make it so...

If we are going to argue about this can you please not pull a Muntz and put words in my mouth? Yes, we played more underclassmen as the year progressed. How does that refute anything I said? How does it support anything you said? We stunk all year.

I didn't say all of those kids weren't FBS level players. I said a few were. And I'm not naming names. But pointing out that we beat UCF, took ECU to the wire, and held Ajayi to 40 yards isn't absolute proof of anything.

You're the eternal optimist. You're basing your projection on nothing more than homerism or blind faith because for a lot of those kids you mentioned we don't have enough to determine whether they will be any good or not.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
For discussion sake- Pasqualoni recruited Vann, Adams, Nwojki, Xavier Hemingway and Deshon Foxx. The rest committed to Edsall and Pasqualoni and staff retained.

Reaction Score
Edsall had a decent last couple of years but lost a ton of kids and had a ton that never made it to campus - remember Aiken, Difton, Lange, Kenny, Brandon Box etc. The guy left us no scholarship QB and we went with Johnny.

PP doubled down the mess and lost a ton of recruits, while finding a couple of reall good football players. He did get Aishru, Vann Foxx, Adams Ademi in 2011 but lost most of the 2012 class, but found Obi and Jhavon Williams. 2013 not a bad year, but had more busts like Chasz Wright, Fuchs, Holines Quinn Thompson etc. The rest actually have been very productive Fatukasi, Ormsby Lemelle Hadley, Junior Joseph Marriner. Somewhere in there we lost Sylva too.

The problem has been retaining the recruits not so much the level I think. I mean we had 65 scholly players it's ridiculous. Too many real busts.

I don't blame Diaco for just doubling down on the younger kids and trying to see what happens with them in a few years.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
If we are going to argue about this can you please not pull a Muntz and put words in my mouth? Yes, we played more underclassmen as the year progressed. How does that refute anything I said? How does it support anything you said? We stunk all year.

I didn't say all of those kids weren't FBS level players. I said a few were. And I'm not naming names. But pointing out that we beat UCF, took ECU to the wire, and held Ajayi to 40 yards isn't absolute proof of anything.

You're the eternal optimist. You're basing your projection on nothing more than homerism or blind faith because for a lot of those kids you mentioned we don't have enough to determine whether they will be any good or not.

No, I'm not basing this on homerism. I'm basing it on facts. I'm basing it on numbers. If I was being the homer, I would simply say that everything PP did sucked and that Diaco is the greatest. Then, when Diaco leaves, I would say that everything Diaco did sucked, and the next guy is the greatest.

As for putting words in your mouth, I did nothing of the sort. Go ahead and look at your posts in this thread, where you talked about people avoiding reality as they were talking about #upticks. That's why I pointed to the fact that the 2-deep gave us a team where PP's underclassmen had supplanted Edsall's upperclassmen. If you don't think that fact, accompanied with the UCF / ECU / Ajayi comment, is enough proof for you, well then nothing will ever be. Do you think it makes me feel good to say that PP did something better than Edsall?!? My God, man! I'm one of the biggest Edsall supporters on the board! But the fact of the matter is that Edsall's last couple of classes left us weak in a few areas. For instance, the last Edsall-recruited QB to take snaps was Johnny McEntee. Let that sink in for a second. Johnny McEntee. (unless you want to give Edsall credit for McCummings and the wild husky).

At this point, feel free to think what you think and say what you say, because nothing I type will change that. But just remember that if you are going to call the #uptickers out for not respecting reality, the least you could do is provide something real...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
For discussion sake- Pasqualoni recruited Vann, Adams, Nwojki, Xavier Hemingway and Deshon Foxx. The rest committed to Edsall and Pasqualoni and staff retained.

I think you have to check your facts again.

Pasqualoni definitely recruited Campenni (1/31/11), Ashiru (1/25/11), and Hemingway (1/25/11). That's all that he has from the 2011 recruiting class.

Foxx verballed in November, Vann in December, Nwojeki in June, and Adams committed the day after the Fiesta Bowl but prior to Pasqualoni as head coach. All of those players still technically belong to Edsall...

Reaction Score
Carl Spackler said:
FWIW: If you go back, when I wrote about Edsall "giving up" it was in reference to his attention to recruiting locally as it applies to maintaining good communications and selling UCONN as a desireable destination spot locally to high school programs. I'll spare everyone my analysis as to why I think his recruiting dropped off after hitting a high point in 2007.

Maybe all of our players were tied to subprime mortgages.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know why you'd care about the #uptick even it was real. When you go 5-19 how would you convince your self that recruiting has improved.

Not a single player made All Conference. So if the recruiting got
better where are the players?

No offense to guys like Lemelle and Marriner but 'highly productive' is a pretty big stretch.

Marriner had 110 yards rushing and averaged 3.1 yards a carry.

Lemelle has 21 catches in 20 games for 200 yards. His entire sophomore year he had 5 catches for 27 yards.

Reaction Score
I don't know why you'd care about the #uptick even it was real. When you go 5-19 how would you convince your self that recruiting has improved.

Not a single player made All Conference. So if the recruiting got
better where are the players?

No offense to guys like Lemelle and Marriner but 'highly productive' is a pretty big stretch.

Marriner had 110 yards rushing and averaged 3.1 yards a carry.

Lemelle has 21 catches in 20 games for 200 yards. His entire sophomore year he had 5 catches for 27 yards.
And you expect more from a Freshmen? and Sophomores? PP got Geremy Davis at some point. Marriner was a Soph this year. What do you expect? Players need to develop. So where was a senior QB or RB or TE or DB, Nowhere. Where was a senior OL? Just too hard without RS Juniors and Seniors on the squad.

The wheels fell of the wagon beginning with RE's last 2 years. He left a mess which was compounded with recruiting busts. The team is where it deserves to be.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And you expect more from a Freshmen? and Sophomores? PP got Geremy Davis at some point. Marriner was a Soph this year. What do you expect? Players need to develop. So where was a senior QB or RB or TE or DB, Nowhere. Where was a senior OL? Just too hard without RS Juniors and Seniors on the squad.

The wheels fell of the wagon beginning with RE's last 2 years. He left a mess which was compounded with recruiting busts. The team is where it deserves to be.

Do I expect a sophomore described as 'highly productive' to have more than 5 catches for 27 yards over an entire season? Um yes. Highly productive players get that in a quarter or a drive.

If P had an uptick it can't be found in any reasonable review of objective data. If the argument is there was an uptick and they coached the players down, I'm not sure how you could know that or why it would be a valuable distinction.

Even a buffoon like P got 5 wins out of the team Edsall. So going 5-19 leads me to believe that the uptick is a fantasy. I certainly hope it was. Because if it wasn't it doesn't say much for how this staff coached these players this year.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
So going 5-19 leads me to believe that the uptick is a fantasy. I certainly hope it was. Because if it wasn't it doesn't say much for how this staff coached these players this year.

Well, here's where you and I agree, right? You and I both think that the coaching staff had a lousy year (and we've both caught flack for it on this board). From kicking field goals when we need touchdowns, to leaving Geremy Davis on the bench for "3rd and medium", to bragging about 55 players in one game, to not getting play calls into Whitmer until 4 seconds left on the play clock, etc. Yes, it doesn't say much for how this staff coached these players this year. And that's what happens with a first year head coach. And that's why we are getting a new OC.

But I believe in the talent level of these kids; their speed, strength, and agility (neither you nor I are really buying that Vitamin D deficiency business, are we?). I'm chomping at the bit to see these young kids finally turn into redshirt juniors and seniors, after having the last couple years of experience. The OLine will be one year bigger and better, as will the RB's, as will the defense, as will THE COACHES, etc. I believe that 2015 is going to be a big turnaround; in large part due to the fact that I think we have the right kids here...

Reaction Score
No, I'm not basing this on homerism. I'm basing it on facts. I'm basing it on numbers. If I was being the homer, I would simply say that everything PP did sucked and that Diaco is the greatest. Then, when Diaco leaves, I would say that everything Diaco did sucked, and the next guy is the greatest.

As for putting words in your mouth, I did nothing of the sort. Go ahead and look at your posts in this thread, where you talked about people avoiding reality as they were talking about #upticks. That's why I pointed to the fact that the 2-deep gave us a team where PP's underclassmen had supplanted Edsall's upperclassmen. If you don't think that fact, accompanied with the UCF / ECU / Ajayi comment, is enough proof for you, well then nothing will ever be. Do you think it makes me feel good to say that PP did something better than Edsall?!? My God, man! I'm one of the biggest Edsall supporters on the board! But the fact of the matter is that Edsall's last couple of classes left us weak in a few areas. For instance, the last Edsall-recruited QB to take snaps was Johnny McEntee. Let that sink in for a second. Johnny McEntee. (unless you want to give Edsall credit for McCummings and the wild husky).

At this point, feel free to think what you think and say what you say, because nothing I type will change that. But just remember that if you are going to call the #uptickers out for not respecting reality, the least you could do is provide something real...

No, you're not basing it on numbers. You're basing it on the fact that they wear UConn uniforms. Whaler has laid it out. The numbers for some of the kids you mentioned are there in black and white. Some kids you've mentioned, like Rutherford and Schafenacker, have nothing on their resumes to support your claims. Yes, Edsall sucked at recruiting QBs. We know that. And his last few classes didn't pan out. That's on him and the criticism is fair. You have a win over UCF, a close call against ECU, and holding Boise St's RB to a season low in your argument. Those are your "facts". Here are mine.

5 wins in 2 two years against the 2 softest schedules we've ever had.

No all conference players in a miserable league (far worse than the Big East, when we regularly put multiple plays on the 1st and 2nd teams).

I'll give credit to P for bringing in Campenni and Mikal Myers who both look like players. But everyone else you've mentioned your optimism is based on blind faith. Newsome has shown flashes. But our best RB (by far) was a late pickup by Diaco last year. Lemelle, Marriner, Tommy Myers, Walsh, Clax I have no idea what facts you're using to back up those claims.

It's been said here already. A total incompetent like P was able to win 10 games in 2 years with Edsall recruits against tougher schedules. We were told there was an #uptick in recruiting under P. Judgement Day on that claim is coming. I'm hope to God I'm wrong.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I believe in the #uptick, I believe P coached them all down versus coaching them up. I have no data to back this up, because there are too many other variables that have led us to this awful place. I believe Diaco and Balis will get more out of them than P ever could... But it remains to be seen if that will translate to stats and wins. And without those it's meaningless.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
No, you're not basing it on numbers. You're basing it on the fact that they wear UConn uniforms. Whaler has laid it out. The numbers for some of the kids you mentioned are there in black and white. Some kids you've mentioned, like Rutherford and Schafenacker, have nothing on their resumes to support your claims. Yes, Edsall sucked at recruiting QBs. We know that. And his last few classes didn't pan out. That's on him and the criticism is fair. You have a win over UCF, a close call against ECU, and holding Boise St's RB to a season low in your argument. Those are your "facts". Here are mine.

5 wins in 2 two years against the 2 softest schedules we've ever had.

No all conference players in a miserable league (far worse than the Big East, when we regularly put multiple plays on the 1st and 2nd teams).

I'll give credit to P for bringing in Campenni and Mikal Myers who both look like players. But everyone else you've mentioned your optimism is based on blind faith. Newsome has shown flashes. But our best RB (by far) was a late pickup by Diaco last year. Lemelle, Marriner, Tommy Myers, Walsh, Clax I have no idea what facts you're using to back up those claims.

It's been said here already. A total incompetent like P was able to win 10 games in 2 years with Edsall recruits against tougher schedules. We were told there was an #uptick in recruiting under P. Judgement Day on that claim is coming. I'm hope to God I'm wrong.

Your reading comprehension is starting to suffer. When I listed the names of the players, I said the following: "I think that we have already seen or are going to see some really great things from..." The names of the players were not what I was using as facts. I was using the UCF / ECU / Boise games as facts. I was using the depth chart as a fact, where underclassmen had supplanted upperclassmen. Here is the depth chart from the UCF game (duplicate players in different positions were not counted as 2), and you'll see that the Pasqualoni underclassmen outnumber the Edsall upperclassmen by about 2.5 to 1 (the paste job lost the color coding...sorry about that):

Edsall (14), Pasqualoni (34), Diaco (5)

LT: 71 Richard Levy (RSo., 6-6, 305)
74 Paul Nwokeji (RJr., 6-6, 287)
LG: 65 Gus Cruz (RSr., 6-4, 296)
77 Trey Rutherford (Fr., 6-5, 289)
C: 73 Alex Mateas (RSr., 6-4, 309)
70 Kyle Bockeloh (RSo., 6-3, 284)
RG: 60 Tyler Samra (Jr., 6-2, 288)
63 Ryan Crozier (Fr., 6-4, 297)
RT: 53 Andreas Knappe (RSo., 6-8, 300)
62 Thomas Hopkins (RFr., 6-6, 298)
TE: 49 Sean McQuillan (RJr., 6-3, 239)
80 Tommy Myers (RFr., 6-5, 238)
WR: 85 Geremy Davis (RSr., 6-3, 216)
8 Thomas Lucas (RFr., 6-2, 198) OR
5 Noel Thomas (So., 6-1, 187)
QB: 10 Chandler Whitmer (RSr., 6-0, 192)
14 Tim Boyle (So., 6-3, 216)
FB: 34 Jazzmar Clax (RFr., 5-11, 241)
36 Matt Walsh (So., 6-1, 227)
TB: 22 Arkeel Newsome (Fr., 5-7, 180) OR
3 Ron Johnson (Fr., 6-0, 217)
44 Max DeLorenzo (RJr., 5-11, 210) OR
26 Joshua Marriner (RFr., 5-9, 193)
WR: 4 Deshon Foxx (Sr., 5-10, 172)
1 Dhameer Bradley (So., 5-9, 166)
DE: 95 Kenton Adeyemi (RJr., 6-4, 268)
57 Cole Ormsby (RFr., 6-3, 248)
NG: 90 Julian Campenni (RJr., 6-0, 299)
92 Mikal Myers (RSo., 6-1, 312)
DT: 97 B.J. McBryde (RSr., 6-5, 304) OR
93 Folorunso Fatukasi (RFr., 6-4, 307)
DE: 47 Reuben Frank (RSr., 6-4, 246)
15 Luke Carrezola (Fr., 6-3, 242)
LB: 46 Marquise Vann (RJr., 6-0, 226)
55 Jon Hicks (RSo., 6-2, 236)
LB: 32 Jefferson Ashiru (RSo., 6-2, 233)
39 Junior Joseph (RFr., 6-1, 242)
LB: 2 Graham Stewart (RJr., 6-1, 227)
59 Vontae Diggs (Fr., 6-4, 207)
CB: 21 Jamar Summers (Fr., 6-0, 180)
7 John Green (RSo., 5-10, 179) OR
11 Javon Hadley (So., 5-10, 164)
S: 22 Andrew Adams (RJr., 6-0, 197)
28 Jordan Floyd (RSo., 6-0, 206)
S: 20 Obi Melifonwu (RSo., 6-3, 210)
23 Junior Lee (RJr., 6-0, 214)
CB: 6 Jhavon Williams (RSo., 5-10, 190)
33 Brice McAllister (Fr., 5-11, 191)
K: 17 Bobby Puyol (RSo., 5-10, 174)
94 Chase Briley (Fr., 5-11, 165)
P: 42 Justin Wain (RSo., 6-3, 204)
HL: 82 Blake Feagles (RFr., 5-10, 205)
42 Justin Wain (RSo., 6-3, 204)
KR: 22 Arkeel Newsome (Fr., 5-7, 180)
PR: 4 Deshon Foxx (Sr., 5-10, 172)
18 Brian Lemelle (So., 5-10, 165)
LS: 66 Dominick Manco (RJr., 6-0, 213)
67 Adam Mueller (RSr., 6-1, 212)

That is the data that I'm talking about. Edsall's upperclassmen should never be outnumbered 2.5 to 1. And the fact that a team that was that "Pasqualoni heavy" beat the best team in our conference supports my argument, not yours. But they're young. They're inconsistent and they're learning on the job. That's to be expected from a young team. And that's why a team like that can lose to Army.

The thing that I don't understand is why the heck you've ever complained about Diaco at all. I mean, if you feel that Pasqualoni's recruits suck, and that they aren't FBS caliber, well then none of the performance last year should have been Diaco's fault.....right???

Reaction Score
Your reading comprehension is starting to suffer. When I listed the names of the players, I said the following: "I think that we have already seen or are going to see some really great things from..." The names of the players were not what I was using as facts. I was using the UCF / ECU / Boise games as facts. I was using the depth chart as a fact, where underclassmen had supplanted upperclassmen. Here is the depth chart from the UCF game (duplicate players in different positions were not counted as 2), and you'll see that the Pasqualoni underclassmen outnumber the Edsall upperclassmen by about 2.5 to 1 (the paste job lost the color coding...sorry about that):

Edsall (14), Pasqualoni (34), Diaco (5)

LT: 71 Richard Levy (RSo., 6-6, 305)
74 Paul Nwokeji (RJr., 6-6, 287)
LG: 65 Gus Cruz (RSr., 6-4, 296)
77 Trey Rutherford (Fr., 6-5, 289)
C: 73 Alex Mateas (RSr., 6-4, 309)
70 Kyle Bockeloh (RSo., 6-3, 284)
RG: 60 Tyler Samra (Jr., 6-2, 288)
63 Ryan Crozier (Fr., 6-4, 297)
RT: 53 Andreas Knappe (RSo., 6-8, 300)
62 Thomas Hopkins (RFr., 6-6, 298)
TE: 49 Sean McQuillan (RJr., 6-3, 239)
80 Tommy Myers (RFr., 6-5, 238)
WR: 85 Geremy Davis (RSr., 6-3, 216)
8 Thomas Lucas (RFr., 6-2, 198) OR
5 Noel Thomas (So., 6-1, 187)
QB: 10 Chandler Whitmer (RSr., 6-0, 192)
14 Tim Boyle (So., 6-3, 216)
FB: 34 Jazzmar Clax (RFr., 5-11, 241)
36 Matt Walsh (So., 6-1, 227)
TB: 22 Arkeel Newsome (Fr., 5-7, 180) OR
3 Ron Johnson (Fr., 6-0, 217)
44 Max DeLorenzo (RJr., 5-11, 210) OR
WR: 4 Deshon Foxx (Sr., 5-10, 172)
1 Dhameer Bradley (So., 5-9, 166)
DE: 95 Kenton Adeyemi (RJr., 6-4, 268)
57 Cole Ormsby (RFr., 6-3, 248)
NG: 90 Julian Campenni (RJr., 6-0, 299)
92 Mikal Myers (RSo., 6-1, 312)
DT: 97 B.J. McBryde (RSr., 6-5, 304) OR
93 Folorunso Fatukasi (RFr., 6-4, 307)
DE: 47 Reuben Frank (RSr., 6-4, 246)
15 Luke Carrezola (Fr., 6-3, 242)
LB: 46 Marquise Vann (RJr., 6-0, 226)
55 Jon Hicks (RSo., 6-2, 236)
LB: 32 Jefferson Ashiru (RSo., 6-2, 233)
39 Junior Joseph (RFr., 6-1, 242)
LB: 2 Graham Stewart (RJr., 6-1, 227)
59 Vontae Diggs (Fr., 6-4, 207)
CB: 21 Jamar Summers (Fr., 6-0, 180)
7 John Green (RSo., 5-10, 179) OR
11 Javon Hadley (So., 5-10, 164)
S: 22 Andrew Adams (RJr., 6-0, 197)
28 Jordan Floyd (RSo., 6-0, 206)
S: 20 Obi Melifonwu (RSo., 6-3, 210)
23 Junior Lee (RJr., 6-0, 214)
CB: 6 Jhavon Williams (RSo., 5-10, 190)
33 Brice McAllister (Fr., 5-11, 191)
K: 17 Bobby Puyol (RSo., 5-10, 174)
P: 42 Justin Wain (RSo., 6-3, 204)
HL: 82 Blake Feagles (RFr., 5-10, 205)
42 Justin Wain (RSo., 6-3, 204)
KR: 22 Arkeel Newsome (Fr., 5-7, 180)
PR: 4 Deshon Foxx (Sr., 5-10, 172)
18 Brian Lemelle (So., 5-10, 165)
LS: 66 Dominick Manco (RJr., 6-0, 213)
67 Adam Mueller (RSr., 6-1, 212)

That is the data that I'm talking about. Edsall's upperclassmen should never be outnumbered 2.5 to 1. And the fact that a team that was that "Pasqualoni heavy" beat the best team in our conference supports my argument, not yours. But they're young. They're inconsistent and they're learning on the job. That's to be expected from a young team. And that's why a team like that can lose to Army.

The thing that I don't understand is why the heck you've ever complained about Diaco at all. I mean, if you feel that Pasqualoni's recruits suck, and that they aren't FBS caliber, well then none of the performance last year should have been Diaco's fault.....right???

My reading comprehension is just fine. You mentioned Schafenacker. And highlighted your own words "or are going to see some really great things from..." OK fine. What facts is that opinion built on?

As to your last point, before the season began I predicted a tough year. Blind faithers had us winning 8 or 9 games. I didn't think we had the roster to where it needed to be. As the season went on, and the losses and Diaco blunders piled sky high, I said it really wasn't about the RESULTS in terms of wins and losses. It was the awkward presser naming the QB's, to the QB carousel, to the way he used Boyle, to his throwing the USF game down the toilet, to the preseason game nonsense, to punting at or near midfield, to trashing his own players in the press, to somehow losing to USF, Tulane, Army, and SMU in the same season (which still seems impossible), to getting Puyol kicking practice from the right hash. People want to give him a mulligan. I went into this year giving him a mulligan as far as results. I'm not giving him a mulligan for the aforementioned comedy show that he put on in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom