2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know if we're officially out of the running for Dwayne Bacon? I know we offered him last fall & I believe Ollie saw him a couple times this past week. Seems like Bacon is blowing up lately. He's now in many Top 25 rankings (5 Star - thou ESPN Top 40). His GF will be a freshman at GTown this fall, so I'm not sure if they are his "leader" right now.... but boy, he sure looks smooth & versatile in his recent videos. Scoring from deep, mid range, off the dribble, step backs, solid handle, passing, etc. He seems to play with a smile & swagger on his face, similar to Kemba did. I really like his game. Match up nightmare!

Here's a recent video of him from the Reebok Breakout Classic (other videos are equally impressive)

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Anyone know if we're officially out of the running for Dwayne Bacon? I know we offered him last fall & I believe Ollie saw him a couple times this past week. Seems like Bacon is blowing up lately. He's now in many Top 25 rankings (5 Star - thou ESPN Top 40). His GF will be a freshman at GTown this fall, so I'm not sure if they are his "leader" right now.... but boy, he sure looks smooth & versatile in his recent videos. Scoring from deep, mid range, off the dribble, step backs, solid handle, passing, etc. He seems to play with a smile & swagger on his face, similar to Kemba did. I really like his game. Match up nightmare!

Here's a recent video of him from the Reebok Breakout Classic (other videos are equally impressive)

Zags did an article recently - Bacon didn't list us as the schools recruiting him as of late, seems headed elsewhere. Cutting his list after the July period, wouldn't expect to see UConn on that list.

Reaction Score

Wow, the Bacon's are a really talented family.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Wow, the Bacon's are a really talented family.

Yeah Dwayne is throwing down two handed slams, and Kevin played like a 5 star David Lindhagen in Crazy Stupid Love. Talent everywhere.

Reaction Score
“@CoachNeal: First time seeing Diamond Stone (Young Legends) and I can understand the hype. Talented big man is one of the top bigs in his class.”

Reaction Score
Derrick Jones

“@OttoWorld365: 10pts and 7rbs for Derrick Jones in a win tonight.”

“@SteveJones_CJ: Not much update to speak of on 5-star wing Derrick Jones. No visits planned, no plans for a list cut”

“@coreyevans_10: Derrick Jones has continued to develop his outside 3 Skills have gotten better. High impact guy in 15 esp if he gains weight #UAAFINALS ”

“@hoopseen: Hard not to keep the way WeR1 WF Derrick Jones plays. Long, lanky and trouble for D. #UAAFinals”

“@BallersBridge: Video: 2015 We R1 F Derrick Jones is a versatile player. #UAAFINAL http://post original url/L1HtDU77Ve”

Reaction Score
Diamond shines in opener: Diamond Stone is a consensus top-10 player in the 2015 class, with some recruiting analysts even believing he’s the top dog in the class. On Wednesday night, Stone had a solid start to the second week of July with a matchup against Doral Moore and Atlanta Xpress. Stone finished with 18 points, 12 rebounds and three blocks in the loss as he scored on a variety of mid-range jumpers and post touches.

If Stone struggled, it was because he was settling for too many jumpers and also dealing with length on the interior. The 6-foot-9 Stone had trouble finishing over the length of 7-footer Doral Moore, who registered five blocks on the night, including blocking Stone twice on one possession. But there’s still a lot to like about Stone. He owns a superior set of hands, he’s skilled on the block and also showed good touch on his jumper. He’s also an underrated passer, both in the half-court setting and as an outlet passer.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...h-jackson-struggles-team-breakdown-is-loaded/

Reaction Score
@NextCats: Bill Self chatting up Cal & Robic at Diamond's Stone game. Ollie a few feet away. UK, KU, UConn considered faves IF package deal happens.

Reaction Score
@NextCats: Diamond Stone just nailed a 3 from the wing. His range goes that deep. Possession earlier, he bulled his way to a basket. Excels there too.

Reaction Score
@NextCats: .@EvanDaniels on Stone/Newman: "If there's a school ... that’s really doing a great job with both right now – I would say it’s Connecticut.”

Reaction Score
@NextCats: But Daniels says it's way too early for predictions, esp. on Newman: "There’s too much time left for us to know which way he’s going to go.”

Reaction Score
@coreyevans_10: Diamond Stone tells me he plans to sign on November 12. 7'5 wingspan!! Hands and motor on the glass #UAAFINALS

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: Impressive that UConn & Kevin Ollie are in it both for Newman/Stone in 2015 & maybe Battle/Thornton in 16. Likely won't get all 4 but in mix

Reaction Score
No idea who he could be watching in this game:

Andrew Slater @ASlater247 · 7m
UConn's Kevin Ollie & S. Carolina's F. Martin watching Team Thad/Game Point, meanwhile Brad Brownell & Ok. St. for Juwan Evans #UAAFinals
Possibly 2016 PG Jaylen Fisher and 2015 C Nick Marshall on Team Thad. I'm waiting on the stat sheet to see if that Game Point team has Bennie Boatwright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom