2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...ll_s_Jones_knows_he_s_a_work_in_progress.html

When the buzzer sounded and spectators and coaches moved bleachers to watch different prospects, Kevin Ollie, head coach of the national champion Connecticut Huskies was the most notable.

He passed up handshakes with coaches from St. John's, sidestepped assistants from Valparaiso and scurried his way to his seat. The Derrick Jones show, on display at the Reebok Classic Breakout, was seconds from starting.

Jones is flattered that coaches are coming to watch him play. But he made it clear he wants to play as soon as he gets to college.

"I'll be lucky to play for any coach; I'm just ready to play," Jones said. "When I get to college, I hope I play right away, I don't want to have to sit out a year or anything. I just wanna play. I want to go to college and reach my dream."

This may not be the best thing for us as we have D Ham. I know KO can get creative with his lineups, but I doubt either Jones or D Ham will want to play the stretch 4 (nor may need to if Facey improves, Lubin progresses, or Enoch signs etc). Hamilton could play the 2, but that will be a crowded space and hopefully (fingers crossed/ prayers) its occupied by Newman!!

I really love Jones' game and how it would fit in our system, but if he's looking for guaranteed, immediate playing time that's not the greatest sign for us. Although KY, Kansas, L'Ville cant exactly guarantee that either. We'll see.

Reaction Score
This may not be the best thing for us as we have D Ham. I know KO can get creative with his lineups, but I doubt either Jones or D Ham will want to play the stretch 4 (nor may need to if Facey improves, Lubin progresses, or Enoch signs etc). Hamilton could play the 2, but that will be a crowded space and hopefully (fingers crossed/ prayers) its occupied by Newman!!

I really love Jones' game and how it would fit in our system, but if he's looking for guaranteed, immediate playing time that's not the greatest sign for us. Although KY, Kansas, L'Ville cant exactly guarantee that either. We'll see.

While I don't entirely agree or disagree with your assessment you have to say these don't seem like the worst problems to have?

Reaction Score
The 4th Annual Big Strick Classic is set for Saturday, August 9 at the Gauchos Gymnasium in Bronx, NY. A fast-rising event since its inception three summers ago, Big Strick pits some of the top national recruits (Team USA) against the best players from the tri-state area (Team NYC).

Here are the first 15 players invited (UConn2015 targets bold):
Dwayne Bacon
Kobi Simmons
Jaylen Brown
Isaiah Briscoe
Stephen Zimmerman
Carlton Bragg
Moustaphe Diagne
Prince Ali
Malik Beasley
Damon Wilson
Mario Kegler
Steven Enoch
Derrick Jones

Rawle Alkins
Omari Spellman

Prince not a target anymore?

Also, anyone with anymore info on this event? Can fans attend? Are tickets available? I couldn't find much info in my quick search.

Reaction Score
Ali quoted in a Rivals video, this week, saying UConn still involved.

Reaction Score
He may have said that, but I'm not buying it. Article on 2 4 7 came out today where his AAU coach said the main schools involved are Louisville, Indiana, UCLA, Michigan and Arizona. I'll eat some major crow (and be happy to) if I'm wrong, but Prince and UConn are done.

Reaction Score
He may have said that, but I'm not buying it. Article on 2 4 7 came out today where his AAU coach said the main schools involved are Louisville, Indiana, UCLA, Michigan and Arizona. I'll eat some major crow (and be happy to) if I'm wrong, but Prince and UConn are done.

I agree with you, I don't think we'll get him back. I was just questioning if there was something official I didn't know since it's still reported we're involved.

Reaction Score

Take with a grain of salt...I have heard we stopped calling after he decommit

Reaction Score
He may not be the "best" fit for the current system, but I'm sure Ollie would maximize his talents and abilities. IMO the offense would greatly benefit from an interior scoring presence. If he commands a double team down low then thats one less person on the perimeter to handle our guards. Him with a stretch 4 like Enoch would be a matchup nightmare for any defense. Checkmate.
No problem. Ollie will do what all coaches would do if we land Stone: adjust the offense to the talent.

Reaction Score
http://hoopniks.com/2014-adidas-unr...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Jalen Adams, 6’2”, PG, Cushing Academy (MA) 2015

Kevin Ollie should enjoy coaching the uber explosive Jalen Adams in Storrs. The talented point guard did not put up eye popping scoring numbers, but he did have several games with nine assists. Adams is a sight to see in the open court and can finish with the best of them. He has a good handle and first step which allows him to get in the lane almost at will. Defensively, Adams has great lateral movement and is a shot blocking threat on the break as he perfectly timed several lay-up attempts by opponents throughout the week.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: 6-10 Steve Enoch is done playing for July so he can rest his injured thigh and get to 100 percent. Coaches shouldn't travel to see him.

His should help us.

Reaction Score
Enoch should commit soon. He is not going to get a "He Got Game" recruiting-type visit.

Reaction Score
http://hoopniks.com/2014-adidas-unr...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Jalen Adams, 6’2”, PG, Cushing Academy (MA) 2015

Kevin Ollie should enjoy coaching the uber explosive Jalen Adams in Storrs. The talented point guard did not put up eye popping scoring numbers, but he did have several games with nine assists. Adams is a sight to see in the open court and can finish with the best of them. He has a good handle and first step which allows him to get in the lane almost at will. Defensively, Adams has great lateral movement and is a shot blocking threat on the break as he perfectly timed several lay-up attempts by opponents throughout the week.

When Adams gets to UConn he is going to rival Brimah for best shot blocker on the team, which means he'll also be one of the best in the country.... as a 6'2" guard.

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: 6-10 Steve Enoch is done playing for July so he can rest his injured thigh and get to 100 percent. Coaches shouldn't travel to see him.

His should help us.

His next event is Big Strick which tcf mentioned right? Wanna see him up against Carlton Bragg, Diallo. and his rematch against Zimmerman.

Hope he does whats Adams did and commits soon. No point in stringing other teams along. Get the schollie when you can.

Reaction Score
When Adams gets to UConn he is going to rival Brimah for best shot blocker on the team, which means he'll also be one of the best in the country.... as a 6'2" guard.

One of the best shot blockers in the country? Are we getting Jalen Adams or Paul Bunyan?

I'm excited to see what the kid can do in a UConn uniform, but now we're just getting a little crazy.

Reaction Score
One of the best shot blockers in the country? Are we getting Jalen Adams or Paul Bunyan?

I'm excited to see what the kid can do in a UConn uniform, but now we're just getting a little crazy.

I'm partially joking, but the kid loves to trail opponents on the break and block their shots from behind. Watch his highlights.

Reaction Score
I'm partially joking, but the kid loves to trail opponents on the break and block their shots from behind. Watch his highlights.

I shouldn't hate on your Jalen Adams enthusiasm even if it's crazy.

It will be fun to watch him at UConn in 2015.

Reaction Score
I think Jalen Adams is going to be at the Peach State Showcase this weekend.

Reaction Score
I think Kevin Ollie is in Atlanta for the UAA Finals. Key targets there are Diamond Stone, Derrick Jones & Chance Comanche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom