2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since when do we get great players like Newman? This madness needs to stop. We have done just fine without top 5 players. Since when is the possibility of getting 2-3 kids in the top 40 a bad year or a bummer? We may get a player or two that are on the fringes of all these threads over the last few months. We could get zero of the kids we have been pinning after. Last time we got really surprised it was a kid named Bazz- that worked out ok.

pj

Reaction Score
We need another big irrespective of whether we land Stone. With only 4 bigs for 2014, foul trouble, injury or whatever else could quickly create major roster challenges for KO.

In seasons past, 5 bigs, 5 guards, and 3 wings would have been a normal roster. UConn with only 10 scholarship players for 2014 is actually not in bad shape for bigs with 4 bigs and 6 perimeter players -- the roster goes 2 deep at every position. I think it's more a question of what we will get out of Lubin and Facey (and Nolan when he's at the 4) than having enough bodies.

Reaction Score
@BSnowScout: Per his guardian, Kentucky offered 2015 big man Caleb Swanigan @Biggs_Swanigan

UK after another big...

Reaction Score
@BSnowScout: Per his guardian, Kentucky offered 2015 big man Caleb Swanigan @Biggs_Swanigan

UK after another big...

Seeing Duke's name popping up for Stone. Other than Chase Jeter, anyone know who their main targets are in the front court?

Reaction Score
Seeing Duke's name popping up for Stone. Other than Chase Jeter, anyone know who their main targets are in the front court?
Henry Ellenson I know they are after. Not really sure after that.

Reaction Score
Yeah, why bummed? In fact this is probably a good thing since Stone is a much bigger priority than Newman. We have a lot of guards but need to add some bigs in the 2015 class. In fact this opens things up where KO can meet the most apparent 2015 class needs this fall and then add whatever additional recruits who are planning on waiting till the spring that might be still interested in UConn at that time if additional ships become available.

This opens the door to Add Stone (5) to Adams (PG-Comb), and then focus on just adding a wing (Jones) and another big (Enoch).

If I were to guess, I think KO's plan A recruits are Adams, Stone, Jones and Enoch. If Stone or Enoch aren't biting then he ups the pursuit for that 7-3 kid or one or more of the other 2015 bigs that have shown interest. With that said, I think KO would take another big time 2 or Combo guard if one wants to commit this fall and pass on taking 2 bigs or maybe be a wing if Jones doesn't materialize. Just a guess on my part. It's definitely at challenge for any head coach to decide to take X number of recruits that fit to positions needs and when to take the best available talent regardless of position as long as he has some roster flexibility the following season, and address the roster needs the following recruiting class. Going with a lot of 3-G sets if you have very talented guards and some with size to defend bigger 3s, might be the way to go than to add a lessor talented wing just to fill that position. That was just an example, and am not implying that is what is at work.

good points, I just was really looking forward to seeing how the package deal storyline kind of played out... although the guy I want the most right now isn't Stone... its Enoch

Reaction Score
I mean, in the end it doesn't really matter how they were ranked so much as what skillsets they bring to the table. I love what KO has been doing and really can't wait for next season to start

Reaction Score
In seasons past, 5 bigs, 5 guards, and 3 wings would have been a normal roster. UConn with only 10 scholarship players for 2014 is actually not in bad shape for bigs with 4 bigs and 6 perimeter players -- the roster goes 2 deep at every position. I think it's more a question of what we will get out of Lubin and Facey (and Nolan when he's at the 4) than having enough bodies.

They are two deep at every position, but both of the centers and the only returning power forward had serious foul trouble issues last year, and none has shown the ability to play a whole game.

Reaction Score
Henry Ellenson I know they are after. Not really sure after that.

I've seen contradicting reports that they have a scholarship offer to Ivan Rabb. They were definitely watching both he and Swanigan very intently at the Peach Jam. I wouldn't be surprised to see either receive an offer soon.

Reaction Score
What's on the schedule for the third and final Live Period (via CBS Sports):

LAS VEGAS: If you enjoy grassroots basketball and driving from small high school gym to small high school gym, you're going to love the third live period in Las Vegas. There are at least four events going on, with Adidas' signature team event going on – as well as three other ones worth noting.
LOUISVILLE: The AAU Super Showcase and Nationals moved from Orlando to Louisville for this summer, and making Kentucky the new primary alternative to Las Vegas. Both are AAU team tournaments that overlap, but there is always plenty of action going on, with hundreds of teams.

Live in AC and The Summer Final: Back-to-back AAU tournaments in the Philadelphia area, featuring many of the best teams from the Eastern seaboard, as well as the South.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I've seen contradicting reports that they have a scholarship offer to Ivan Rabb. They were definitely watching both he and Swanigan very intently at the Peach Jam. I wouldn't be surprised to see either receive an offer soon.

Can't help but think that this because I made an email called TheReelDStone @gmail.com and emailed Coach K and Coach Cal saying:

"Lol don't bother bro. Love, D Stone"

Reaction Score
some things going on that could potentially affect Derrick Jones. The top UCLA guy at TwoFourSeven seems convinced that Jaylen Brown is going to UCLA, and he also called Kevon Looney to UCLA before everyone else last year and seems pretty plugged in. That's UK's top target at wing, who is their plan B, Ingram/Jones?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
some things going on that could potentially affect Derrick Jones. The top UCLA guy at TwoFourSeven seems convinced that Jaylen Brown is going to UCLA, and he also called Kevon Looney to UCLA before everyone else last year and seems pretty plugged in. That's UK's top target at wing, who is their plan B, Ingram/Jones?

Was he one of those who had DHam going to UCal @ LA too??

Reaction Score
That's UK's top target at wing, who is their plan B, Ingram/Jones?

Iif they miss on Brown then you have to imagine Jones will shoot up the list, as will Ingram. But I would add Dwayne Bacon and DJ Hogg to that and if I'm not mistaken they've also started to make a run a Prince Ali, even though he's more of a 2 he could fit; especially if Looney ends up staying.

You also have to take into account what happens with Jaylen Brown if Gill-Caesar or Jones/Ingram commit to UK first.

Reaction Score
Best of the #UAAFinals - http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/headlines/item/1385-best-of-the-uaafinals

Derrick Jones, We R1, SF/PF: The Finals ended with Jones holding up the championship trophy on Saturday night. That's the kind of week it was for the long 6-foot-7 do-everything forward from Philly. He was a match-up problem at the event and proved himself as a McDonald's All-American type of player. Jones finished very well around the cup. A developed jump shot is the difference between good and great at the next level.
STATS: 11.7 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 64.7 FG%

Diamond Stone, Young Legends, PF/C: As the lone double-double average guy in the 17 and under division, it is easy to understand why the big man from Wisconsin finds a place on our top players list. He's an offensive headache for opposing teams because of his size (6-10/240) and natural strength around the cup. He had a so-so night against Doral Moore and his unique length, Stone had his way with just about everyone at The Finals.
STATS: 18.6 PPG, 11.4 RPG, 3.4 BPG

Reaction Score
Iif they miss on Brown then you have to imagine Jones will shoot up the list, as will Ingram. But I would add Dwayne Bacon and DJ Hogg to that and if I'm not mistaken they've also started to make a run a Prince Ali, even though he's more of a 2 he could fit; especially if Looney ends up staying.

You also have to take into account what happens with Jaylen Brown if Gill-Caesar or Jones/Ingram commit to UK first.

Also Blakeney as well, if they get him in addition to already having Matthews I don't really see the need for them to go after a longer wing since Matthews seems more suited to play the 3 in college anyway.

Reaction Score
Ollie is in Louisville tonight. Received a message from Esa Ahmad's dad saying Ollie was supposed to be at his game and he was there with coach Miller.

Another assistant is watching Thon Maker, Matur Maker, and Brandon Ingram possibly in Vegas tonight.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info 3! It really is inside info to me because i'm not privy to it.

It confuses me because this refocus on Esa and looking at guys like Lee (if he's the 2015 Ira Lee) don't seem to fit the "wing" we are after in this class. I guess not really seeing where things are going is a side effect of a "wide net". Hopefully the last live period report helps make priorities even clearer.
Also, would be nice if we could get in on Ingram but seems too late for that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info 3! It really is inside info to me because i'm not privy to it.

It confuses me because this refocus on Esa and looking at guys like Lee (if he's the 2015 Ira Lee) don't seem to fit the "wing" we are after in this class. I guess not really seeing where things are going is a side effect of a "wide net". Would be nice if we could get in on Ingram but seems too late for that.
The Ira Lee I was talking about is in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom