2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2015 Commit/Recruit Stat Tracker (Summer Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HuskiesAllDay said:
Man you must really be an important insider. No he's going to do those things. thanks for your insights

I was actually glad for Chief's input. I was under the impression that Stone was going to do what's best for David Hasselhoff, but if he's going to do what's best for himself, that puts his recruitment in a whole new light.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Didn't think Hasselhoff had that much sway outside Germany but I think people are getting overly tough on Chief. The point that he would ditch the package deal was legit.
Besides, this forum wouldn't be half as much fun w/o him.

Reaction Score
Some stuff from ESPN:

Special athleticism, Part I: Derrick Jones
Jones is an impressive athlete with a combination of great length, athleticism and high-level explosiveness. He plays above the rim on the break and on all clear paths to the rim and will also not hesitate to leap over a late-arriving help-side defender. His ball skills are improving along with his shot, and his upside is tremendous. He is also a capable multiple-position defender. Jones reminds us of former UNLV great Stacey Augmon.
-----------------
Chris Clarke
2015, SF, 6-foot-5, 195 pounds
Travel Team: Boo Williams

Clarke is one of the hardest-playing and most active players in the country. His goal is to try harder than his opponent and he is successful in almost every contest. Clarke is tough and scores mostly off defensive effort and garbage. He was the key in his Boo Williams squad's victory over All Ohio Red as he hustled his way to 20 points.
-----------------
Player most coming into his own: Chance Comanche
Comanche has continued to improve at a steady rate, is playing more aggressively, and his production is a direct result. The 6-11, 200-pound post is rebounding everything within reach and his shooting skill is special for a player his size. Comanche can hit the trail three on the slow break and has a nice mid-range jumper off the catch that he steps into flawlessly. He also has a nice shot fake to move the defender. Comanche has tremendous upside, and Connecticut, N.C. State, Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, USC, Cal and Gonzaga all want his signature.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Great job on following all this stuff guys.

I really like the way Diamond Stone and family have been handling his recruitment. His pops seems like a good dude. Even if he goes somewhere else.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Comanche sounding more and more like Kevin Love.

Even if we miss out on the Stone/Newman package, 2015 likely will be one of our best classes ever.

Reaction Score
@iammaliknewman: My boy committing before me…wish him the best of luck… @Diamond_Stone33 don't mean that's the school I'm going to tho…

Reaction Score
^ 3 can you translate that for those of us that have NFI what that means?

Reaction Score
Package deal sounds just about dead...

malik newman ‏@iammaliknewman 2m
My boy committing before me…wish him the best of luck… @Diamond_Stone33 don't mean that's the school I'm going to tho…

I interpreted a lil bit differently. If Stone is committing in November and Newman in the spring, I don't think Newman wants people to think that he's automatically going to the same school because it would take all of the suspense out of his committment months later.

Reaction Score
^ 3 can you translate that for those of us that have NFI what that means?
Newman tweeted that out. Basically he's saying Diamond Stone will be committing before him and that he wishes him luck when the time comes. Then he said it doesn't mean he's going to the same school that he chooses.

Basically the package deal went from 100% to about 10%.

Reaction Score
Newman tweeted that out. Basically he's saying Diamond Stone will be committing before him and that he wishes him luck when the time comes. Then he said it doesn't mean he's going to the same school that he chooses.

Basically the package deal went from 100% to about 10%.
Since I don't follow recruits via twitter, can someone who does provide context to this? Was there some prior tweets about Stone goign to decide this fall (or before the fall signing period, or something of the sort) that he was referencing or was there some report or tweet about Stone deciding soon? I'm guessing it was either a tweet out of the blue, in light of reports that Stone would decide this fall while he, Newman, was planning on waiting till the spring, or there was some specific tweet he was responding to.

Reaction Score
Since I don't follow recruits via twitter, can someone who does provide context to this? Was there some prior tweets about Stone goign to decide this fall (or before the fall signing period, or something of the sort) that he was referencing or was there some report or tweet about Stone deciding soon? I'm guessing it was either a tweet out of the blue, in light of reports that Stone would decide this fall while he, Newman, was planning on waiting till the spring, or there was some specific tweet he was responding to.
A few days ago, during an interview, Stone said he will decide on first day of the early signing period, which I think is November 12. Newman has stated that he will be deciding during the late signing period.

Reaction Score
Saw the Newman tweet... little bummed
Why bummed?
Yeah, why bummed? In fact this is probably a good thing since Stone is a much bigger priority than Newman. We have a lot of guards but need to add some bigs in the 2015 class. In fact this opens things up where KO can meet the most apparent 2015 class needs this fall and then add whatever additional recruits who are planning on waiting till the spring that might be still interested in UConn at that time if additional ships become available.

This opens the door to Add Stone (5) to Adams (PG-Comb), and then focus on just adding a wing (Jones) and another big (Enoch).

If I were to guess, I think KO's plan A recruits are Adams, Stone, Jones and Enoch. If Stone or Enoch aren't biting then he ups the pursuit for that 7-3 kid or one or more of the other 2015 bigs that have shown interest. With that said, I think KO would take another big time 2 or Combo guard if one wants to commit this fall and pass on taking 2 bigs or maybe be a wing if Jones doesn't materialize. Just a guess on my part. It's definitely at challenge for any head coach to decide to take X number of recruits that fit to positions needs and when to take the best available talent regardless of position as long as he has some roster flexibility the following season, and address the roster needs the following recruiting class. Going with a lot of 3-G sets if you have very talented guards and some with size to defend bigger 3s, might be the way to go than to add a lessor talented wing just to fill that position. That was just an example, and am not implying that is what is at work.

Reaction Score
@EvanDaniels: In regards to Malik Newman's tweet, I followed up with Diamond Stone. He hasn't made his college choice.

Reaction Score
And as I said:
@EvanDaniels: Diamond Stone also just informed Scout that he will announce his college choice on November 12th.

Reaction Score
I interpreted a lil bit differently. If Stone is committing in November and Newman in the spring, I don't think Newman wants people to think that he's automatically going to the same school because it would take all of the suspense out of his committment months later.
True, but if you're a package deal, why announce separately? The one package deal that actually did come to fruition had both players announce together.

Reaction Score
True, but if you're a package deal, why announce separately? The one package deal that actually did come to fruition had both players announce together.

Good point but I sense Stone just wants to get it over with whereas Newman likes the suspense and attention.

Reaction Score

Yea I've never quite understood that whole part of it, but it seems like its been out there for awhile that Stone was going to decide in the fall while Newman in the spring.

Reaction Score
Good point but I sense Stone just wants to get it over with whereas Newman likes the suspense and attention.
He might light the suspense & attention, I'm not sure. I think with Newman, he's just waiting it out to see what spots are going to be opening up: http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/2014/07/17/qa-malik-newman-talks-recruiting-diamond-stone/

Do you think you’ll wait to see who goes to the draft before you make a decision?
“I don’t think I’ll be able to do that. But I’m going to wait it out, see how things end up turning out. Who I think will be staying and who I think will be leaving. Basically, I’ll just make my decision off of that.”

Will you definitely decide in the spring?
“That’s when I plan on doing it. So anything before that would be a surprise to me also."

Reaction Score
I don’t think I’ll be able to do that. But I’m going to wait it out, see how things end up turning out. Who I think will be staying and who I think will be leaving. Basically, I’ll just make my decision off of that.”

That could be in reference to Purvis, Calhoun, and DHam in UConn's case. Oubre in Kansas'. Aaron Harrison's, Devin Bookers, and Charles Matthews for UK.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This opens the door to Add Stone (5) to Adams (PG-Comb), and then focus on just adding a wing (Jones) and another big (Enoch).
If I were to guess, I think KO's plan A recruits are Adams, Stone, Jones and Enoch. If Stone or Enoch aren't biting then he ups the pursuit for that 7-3 kid or one or more of the other 2015 bigs that have shown interest. With that said, I think KO would take another big time 2 or Combo guard if one wants to commit this fall and pass on taking 2 bigs or maybe be a wing if Jones doesn't materialize. Just a guess on my part. It's definitely at challenge for any head coach to decide to take X number of recruits that fit to positions needs and when to take the best available talent regardless of position as long as he has some roster flexibility the following season, and address the roster needs the following recruiting class. Going with a lot of 3-G sets if you have very talented guards and some with size to defend bigger 3s, might be the way to go than to add a lessor talented wing just to fill that position. That was just an example, and am not implying that is what is at work.

If we are going to take Stone, I think we need to take another big (hopefully Enoch) to protect against a one and done scenario.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
If we are going to take Stone, I think we need to take another big (hopefully Enoch) to protect against a one and done scenario.

We need another big irrespective of whether we land Stone. With only 4 bigs for 2014, foul trouble, injury or whatever else could quickly create major roster challenges for KO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom