2015 American Athletic Conference Media Day | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2015 American Athletic Conference Media Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Desmond Conner ‏@desmondconner 9m9 minutes agoNewport, RI
Diaco on fire in here, folks "I'm just talking honestly is that swagger?" Yes it is... #UConnFootball

Turning this post into something completely different, I just found out Dez blocked me on Twitter. I have never said anything negative about the guy nor have I ever tweeted anything negative about the guy. But you bet your bottom dollar that I subscribe to eye for eye (a block for a block) theory.

Honestly, you would think the beat writer for UConn who works for the largest paper in the state would want his tweets retweeted as many times as possible. Seems like our horde is still small time potatoes.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Turning this post into something completely different, I just found out Dez blocked me on Twitter. I have never said anything negative about the guy nor have I ever tweeted anything negative about the guy. But you bet your bottom dollar that I subscribe to eye for eye (a block for a block) theory.

Honestly, you would think the beat writer for UConn who works for the largest paper in the state would want his tweets retweeted as many times as possible. Seems like our horde is still small time potatoes.
That's weird because a couple weeks ago he tweeted something about interacting more with his followers this season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That's weird because a couple weeks ago he tweeted something about interacting more with his followers this season.

I guess that only applies to a select few. Oh well, no harm done. Diaco is currently destroying the AAC Media Day and all of his ramblings should be tweeted to the masses instantly.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Reading the tweets as they roll in, I love Diaco's batsht insanity and confidence. Just. Freaking. Win.

Aresco trying to convince folks that there is a "Power 6" is so, so pathetic. Of course I don't expect him to admit defeat, but why not just leave it at : "We are going to take it to the big guys and let the results speak for themselves."

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Reading the tweets as they roll in, I love Diaco's batsht insanity and confidence. Just. Freaking. Win.

Aresco trying to convince folks that there is a "Power 6" is so, so pathetic. Of course I don't expect him to admit defeat, but why not just leave it at : "We are going to take it to the big guys and let the results speak for themselves."
The AAC will be considered P6 as soon as ESPN or someone else gives them P5 money.

Reaction Score
CLkC1g_XAAE9e-w.png
CLkC2M6WcAA9WDg.png
I know the election was held in Providence, but how does Cincy get 29 first place votes in a 6 team division. Vote early, vote often?

Reaction Score
I know the election was held in Providence, but how does Cincy get 29 first place votes in a 6 team division. Vote early, vote often?

The members of the media vote on this, not the schools themselves.

Reaction Score
I watched both round table discussions. My impressions:
  • Tuberville is as cool as a cucumber around the media. Good voice of reason for this conference. Loved the remark, " They're afraid of us", in reference to being able to schedule Power 5 schools.
  • Diaco: Still has that deer in the headlights look as compared to the other coaches. Still is giving those "vision" answers as compared to nuts & bolts football answers. Thought he fought through the "Civil Conflict" question well enough. Glad OLeary tried to have Diaco's back on the subject. Class move on his part. He might regret the "hope they bring that trophy on the plane" remark though :mad:
  • You can tell those West Division coaches are hungry to get this season "ON".
  • I thought Herman was impressive.
  • Bottom line the coaches know that if any of them want a shot at a national playoff berth the conference as a whole needs to win out of conference...a lot to bring respect to the AAC and it's conference champ.

Reaction Score
Swagger? Dez needs to lay off the weed. I thought Diaco came off more like a rookie as compared to the others coaches. And as far as the "Civil Conflict" diatribe, no matter how cordial OLeary might seem at a media day press conference you know he has the UConn game circled. Diaco & Co better bring their A game. Hey...Diaco might just get that brawl he was looking for. If the Huskies win he looks like a genius. If they get there azzes handed to them he looks like a ............, well I'll let you guys fill that in.

Reaction Score
Interesting reading the opinions around here.

It's definitely football season. That's a great thing.

As for our head coach, the guy is nothing, if not entertaining. I hope he never changes is public appearances and demeanor, but moreso, I hope he's able to back up his words about winning with actual winning perfomrmance by his team.

Lots of info out there today, and it's refreshing and I'm ready for football. What I got most out of everything I read, heard, saw today so far:

#1. Losing Cochran in the first preseason game last year is probably a lot more important to what happened last season, than anybody outside the program can really appreciate.

#2. The coach is learning what it takes to be a head coach in real time, and he's learning that it's more of a management of people position, rather than a mechanical x's and o's job and that he's got to develop his own style at. Education of a coach, he's getting at UCONN, and I do hope he pays it back in the form of wins and championships, instead of going somewhere else with his education and winning.

#3. last season is over, and the choices made to approach the season as it was done, are also over.

#4. We still know next to nothing about Diaco's ability to put a winning football team on the field as a head coach, it's all potential still.

#5. What we do know of Bob Diaco's personality and public presence is that the combination of a winning football program, with him as the face, voice and publicity is tantalizing. I hope he never changes his public approach and speeches about vision and his quirky insanity. I also hope that he starts putting a winning football team on the field, because the combination of the two is going to be fun thing.

Reaction Score
UConn football picked to finish last in AAC East -- J. Fuller
http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150804/uconn-football-picked-to-finish-last-in-aac-east

>>Still, Diaco was keeping with his glass-half-full personality. He firmly believes the steps the team has taken since he was hired is going to turn around the fortunes of the program. He isn’t overly concerned if anybody scoffs at any grand proclamations he may throw out there.

“It is time to win football games. We have no excuse for (not) achieving everything we can,” Diaco said.

The least of the concerns of Diaco and his players were the results of the AAC media poll.

“It has no effect on me,” UConn senior safety Andrew Adams said. “It will give us a chip on our shoulder, but it will have no effect on how we play on Saturday.”<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom