2 bad consequences from this game | The Boneyard

2 bad consequences from this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. This sets us up for a must win. Not to get into the NCAA's but to hopefully miss playing that in game. That would take us beating Temple and Memphis losing to Cincy.

2. The homecourt stigma--had we won this--that wouldve been 8 in a row a at home going to the tourney with 3 to go. Now its potentially 4 and we lose a little homecourt juice anyway.

No matter what we cant win games with our 3 guys shooting that bad. Bad shots settled for shots and just not getting it done. unfortunately.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Did Boatright fall further down your mock draft? Crap.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

I'm worried that Hamilton/Brimah/Boat as the top three might not make it through the next update...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm worried that Hamilton/Brimah/Boat as the top three might not make it through the next update...

I'm trying to figure out what a homecourt stigma is. Also I guess the concept of home court advantage is dynamic and based on what happened in the last game?

Reaction Score
Not sure how this bunch can regain confidence. Its not like we lost to a ranked team at home. Furthermore if an middle of the pack AAC can beat us at Gample (our true home court) how the hell can we or the team be confident we can win out at the XL?

This was a bad loss at a bad time on the worst of nights.

Reaction Score
Not sure how this bunch can regain confidence. Its not like we lost to a ranked team at home. Furthermore if an middle of the pack AAC can beat us at Gample (our true home court) how the hell can we or the team be confident we can win out at the XL?

This was a bad lost at a bad time on the worst of nights.

If there's one thing you should know by now about this team it's that there are no such thing as trends, improvements, or regressions. Every game is a completely new experience, totally unaffected by what came before it or what happened after it.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Does TS have to knock down one 3 to slide into the lottery?
Who knew I could laugh at a time like this..... Kudos to you Migs

Reaction Score
it really shouldn't make much difference if they have to play an extra game against houston or tulane or one of the Directional Universities of Florida

if this team nuts up, they can win the AAC tournament in front of a home crowd. i don't think they will, at this point, because I've watched them all year. but if they want it bad enough they could.

Reaction Score
it really shouldn't make much difference if they have to play an extra game against houston or tulane or one of the Directional Universities of Florida

if this team nuts up, they can win the AAC tournament in front of a home crowd. i don't think they will, at this point, because I've watched them all year. but if they want it bad enough they could.

I agree 100 percent. I think 4 games in 4 days isn't a bad deal. esp. if the get t0 play and crush Houston.

Reaction Score
Of course they want it. Team plays hard with effort. Been saying for a while our overall talent is overrated.

Reaction Score
I agree 100 percent. I think 4 games in 4 days isn't a bad deal. esp. if the get t0 play and crush Houston.
I dont want to say we'll crush anyone--it's a hex for sure. The best cased scenario to me is to win at Temple and for Memphis to lose. It's a moot point if the guys don't attack the basket like they did in many wins.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Does TS have to knock down one 3 to slide into the lottery?
Never forget the TSam classic highlight. He dribbles in to the lane lightly guarded and then picks up his dribble and....does nothing.
He can't dribble, can't shoot and can't find anyone to attempt a pass too. Finally, Boat or someone rescue him by coming to the ball.
And people wonder why poor Ollie is shaking his head on the bench.

Reaction Score
The turning point to me is we are up 4 with the ball and all the momentum. Then Tsam launches a 3 that misses badly and they come down and score. To me if we got a good shot and take a 6 or 7 point lead we win that game.

Reaction Score
You do realize we already lost to Houston. I don't think even blindly drunk someone can honestly see this team winning 3 or 4 games in a row anywhere. They are just too inconsistent .... simple as that. They could win the tournament but they could have had 25 wins but they don't... simple coulda shoulda woulda

Reaction Score
We are second game out in the NIT the way we played yesterday.

Reaction Score

He's gonna fall to the second round, 37 th pick and then play in Australia, mate. Oh wait that was the DeAndre Daniels' coming out early debacle.

Reaction Score
He's gonna fall to the second round, 37 th pick and then play in Australia, mate. Oh wait that was the DeAndre Daniels' coming out early debacle.
Deandre couldve played himself into a top 20 pick this year. He wouldve been highly confident and wouldve had some dominating games. We couldve relied less on some guys and spaced out the floor much better. I appreciate that he did what he wanted--but I think he shouldve came back. Frank Kaminsky is going to be a lottery pick from what wouyldve been a fringe #1 early 2 like Daniels. Rakeem Christmas went from not even being an NBA prospect to a late 1 early 2. I think its best to come back in almost every circumstance unless a team says you are pick 16 etc...

Reaction Score

This was a bad loss at a bad time on the worst of nights.

This team has played much better at XL this year than it has at Gampel

Reaction Score
The turning point to me is we are up 4 with the ball and all the momentum. Then Tsam launches a 3 that misses badly and they come down and score. To me if we got a good shot and take a 6 or 7 point lead we win that game.

Agree 100 percent. It was a bad shot. T'Sam has no reason to be shooting that ball and after that they let Memphis hang around 2 or 3. T'Sam isn't in there to shoot 3's. he's to facilitate the offense and at least drive in and pass the ball.

I mean, seriously, he hasn't hit a 3 ALL YEAR! Worst time to try to hit his first.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Goals that I would like to see them reach: win 20+ games and play consistently well. If this means that they win the AAC tourny and then two NCAA games...fantastic! If this means that they beat Temple, get to the AACfinal but lose a hard fought game where they play well against an opponent who was just playing better, then go on to the NIT and string together 3-5 more wins...very good!
Either of these scenarios will put them in a positive mindset headed into next year.
Play a game at the wrong point (elimination games) like they did the first halves of the Tulane and ECU games or likely the Memphis game (haven't seen it yet), then it will be a disappointing finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom