17000 | The Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
For the last 48 hours I took judicious and introspective reflection on the possibilities afforded by attaining a collective of seventeen thousand posts to say something distinctly profound and moving. However, nothing worthy of such a plethoric milestone scratched the surface of my gray matter and so I was left with nothing more than an empty mirror of the previous 16,999.

Elaborate enough?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
For the last 48 hours I took judicious and introspective reflection on the possibilities afforded by attaining a collective of seventeen thousand posts to say something distinctly profound and moving. However, nothing worthy of such a plethoric milestone scratched the surface of my gray matter and so I was left with nothing more than an empty mirror of the previous 16,999.

Elaborate enough?
Ahhh. I hardly ever look at that. Maybe start thinking for 20K.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How about celebrating with some funny posts?

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score

Elaborate enough?

bear hug.jpg

Congrats on 17,000...!!!!

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

Elaborate enough?

Congratulations, sir...took you long enough to get there...you've been awfully quiet of late...
shoulda coulda woulda gotten to this mark very early in the summer and been working on 18K!

:D:p

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome back from hibernation. The winter--and basketball season--must be getting close.

While you were gone, I narrowed the gap to under 6,500 posts. :)

Reaction Score

Elaborate enough?
Ice--
It's hard to contemplate 17,000 conversations about anything. Congratulations on a real accomplishment.

Reaction Score

Elaborate enough?
Start working on number 20,000...I'm thinking a cross between Shakespeare and Dostoevsky should suffice...

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I would have recommended for your 17G post an abject apology for the
first 16,999.....lol.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Elaborate enough?

Now that was an elaborate way of saying: I found myself with nothing to say! Please, Icebear, do not speak/write/post like that again for another 17000! :)

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
As I pondered reaching 300, I came to be humbled by the company I now keep....Cy Young, Walter Johnson, Grover Cleveland Alexander, Christy Mathewson, Pud Galvin, Warren Spahn, Kid Nichols, Greg Maddux, Tim Keefe, Steve Carlton, John Clarkson, Eddie Plank, Nolan Ryan, Don Sutton, Phil Niekro, Gaylord Perry, Tom Seaver, Charles Radbourn, Mickey Welch, Tom Glavine, Early Wynn, Lefty Grove, Roger Clemens, Randy Johnson.

Of course, I thank all of the little people that have helped me along the way, although I don't remember any of their names.

I'm coming for you Ice....
Big Time Boo

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Congratulations
An awesome accomplishment.
I'm on to my next goal now. I have a 2003 Chevy K1500 Silverado with 26,000 on it. At my current pace, if I live to 96, I should see the odometer roll to 100k...

Always thinking BIG
Boo

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Let's conservatively assume your average post is 25 words.
That gives you a total word count of 425,000.
Amazon says "Gone with the Wind" has a word count of 423,575. So, by a word count measure, you have written a classic novel.
How your body of work stacks up against Margaret Mitchell's Pulitzer-winning tome is up for debate.
I'll leave that debate up to the many posters who give a damn. :D

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

Elaborate enough?
U really are something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member