Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Working on 4 Seeds Noew

CAFOhbMUwAE_ydr.jpg

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Oh dear, RPI at top of list? UConn's looking at a #2 seed, but at least they'll be the top #2 and can meet Baylor out at Spokane.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wonder how the committee evaluates Winnability, Ability to Elevate and Availability of Talent.

If you used Strength of Schedule then UConn wouldn't even get a Top 4 Seed. Only UConn could overcome the advantages that the Power 5 Conference teams have to get a Top 4 Seed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Wonder how the committee evaluates Winnability, Ability to Elevate and Availability of Talent.

If you used Strength of Schedule then UConn wouldn't even get a Top 4 Seed. Only UConn could overcome the advantages that the Power 5 Conference teams have to get a Top 4 Seed.
Just a guess but some of that would have to do with injuries and who's actually available to play. Tennessee losing Harrison, for example, would drop them down if they were borderline somewhere. But yeah, some of those things sure are subjective...

Reaction Score
Why does it take so long for them to put it together? The men's conference tournaments are this weekend and they have their selection show omorrow night I think? Is it easier to figure out the men's bracket than the women's?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Women could announce their brackets early like the men do, but by doing it on Monday they have it all to themselves. If they did it Sunday, there would be no publicity as the Men would get all of it. The same would happen if they made the announcement on Saturday as mens championships are still being determined.

Why does it take so long for them to put it together? The men's conference tournaments are this weekend and they have their selection show omorrow night I think? Is it easier to figure out the men's bracket than the women's?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I wish they would dump the RPI. It is a horrible measure and predictor of nothing.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I wish they would dump the RPI. It is a horrible measure and predictor of nothing.
I think they pretty much have, but the arcane language list in the top image is pretty much the same as what was assembled back in 1982 and is still given out as a ten commandments type scripture. Reports filtered out through the years at least on the men's side but also pointing to the women's side is that RPI mainly just comes into any stronger amount of play when trying to get a handle on the bubble teams, and for Tulane that works okay because unlike for UConn the RPI ranking is pretty similar to Sagarin's, as the Green Wave is at #52 in RPI and #50 in Sags.

Reaction Score
WCBB needs an image reboot along with teams not allowed to schedule teams outside the Top 50

Reaction Score
should a team with 1 win vs the current AP top 20 get a one seed ?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Absolutely especially when you consider their record against the top 50. It's much better than the "other" 1 seed that some people are whining about.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Is there a reason that you put that particular limit on your evaluation marker? Usually the limit is the top 25, and in fact by that marker Maryland has a better record than UConn in Sagarin, as they are 9-1 while the Huskies are 7-1.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Just realized that the "1-3" seed completion poses the question of why they couldn't do 1-4. It would seem that some of the mid major conference tournaments must need to be completed to fill out who the hosts will be (other than who will host in Louisville's pod), and that means one of the top mid majors that was still in action may be a possibility for a 4 seed. That would likely be Florida Gulf Coast by some of the ratings and rankings, though Creme has them as a #9 seed. George Washington is a good possibility but they completed play a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom