Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
With an upset filled week, here is how I think the seedings are right now:
1. UCONN (lock)
2. Notre Dame (lock)
3. South Carolina-if they lose in the SEC Tournament, I think they could drop to a 2 seed. No top 10 wins besides knocking off Tennessee
4. Tennessee-if they lose in the SEC Tournament, they go down to a 2. Similar resume to South Carolina with a better non conference schedule, worse overall record
5. Maryland-if they win the Big Ten Tournament, they should jump the loser of South Carolina/Tennessee
6. Florida State-outstanding coaching job once again by Semrau. If they upset Notre Dame, I think they have a strong case to jump Maryland and the SEC loser for the last #1
7. Baylor-need to win their conference tournament to secure a 2 seed
8. Oregon State-needs to win the conference tournament to hold on to #2

Outside looking in:
Louisville-needs to make the conference championship game and a loss from Florida State/Baylor/Oregon State to fall into a #2 seed

Arizona State-needs to win Pac 12 Tournament and loss from FSU/BU/OSU to earn a #2 seed

Reaction Score
Personally I would like to see UCONN v Maryland as the 1st and 4th 1 seed\
Notre Dame and South Carolina as the 2nd and 3rd 1 seed

Tennessee be the 2 seed in Notre Dame's region. Baylor with Maryland, Florida State with South Carolina and Oregon State with us....

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Rarely seen a year with so much uncertainty or when so much revolves around the conference tournaments. Hard to really start making clear projections because it looks like a year when some very unexpected things could happen in the various tourneys.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just a lot of good teams with flaws. Congrats to MD for taking care of conference business in a reviving (?) big ten. None of the other power five leaders went through conference play unscathed. ND and SC had single hiccups while TN took care of business outside of the loss to SC which was not an upset.

When you look at the supposedly strong middle of the SEC, Big12, and ACC ... they all traded bad losses around their leagues. I would include the Pac12 and Big10 in that assessment except that was sort of expected in those conferences.

What those inconsistent league seasons mean is the committee can point to lots of 'good wins' to justify including at large bids to really mediocre power five teams. Teams like LSU (10-6/16-12) Iowa State (9-8/18-10) and OkSt (9-8/19-9) have a ton of bad losses but also have those 'good wins' to propel them past more consistent teams from the non-P5 leagues.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
I just want UCONN to have a chance at Stanford.
I'd hate to see UConn chase away once of the few quality teams that are still willing to play them. I am reminded of the greatest same-season revenge game, UCLA men against Houston, after a 71-69 Houston win on January 20, 1968, in Houston, ended UCLA's 47-game winning streak(sound familiar?) They met in the championship semis and UCLA flirted with a 40-point lead before winning in a 101-69 demolition. No three pointers back then either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom