“Mini Aaliyah” discovers inspiration from Aaliyah | The Boneyard

“Mini Aaliyah” discovers inspiration from Aaliyah

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Gosh, Geno recruits really good people. I enjoy these stories more than the basketball.

Aaliyah Edwards is an All-American forward. A star for both UConn women’s basketball and Team Canada. A fierce competitor who’s force under the hoop demands a presence through her strong physicality and determination. Yet, none of that matters to Aria Grace.
Aria, 8, sees Edwards as so much more. She’s a role model, a big sister, a friend and, most importantly, a glimpse of what she too can become.
While Edwards’ hair caught Aria’s attention first, underneath the purple and gold was a strong Black female presence that Aria gravitated toward. While Mickey didn’t know Edwards personally back then, players on the football team reassured her that Edwards was a mature, kind and respectful player for Aria to look up to.
“The fact that all the players very much approved of her admiration for Aaliyah, I was like ‘OK, this is a good person,’” Mickey said.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing this article! I love reading stories like this and Ari couldn’t have picked a better role model. I’ve met Aaliyah once at an event in Toronto and she was so sweet and gracious to everyone who approached her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89
Top Bottom